Welcome to Awesome August! This month is going to be AWESOME!!!
I have to admit I’ve been in a bit of a slump lately. Sometimes boredom does that. It’s been hard to get the motivation to do anything, especially taking care of myself. What’s the problem? We’re in a new city, a new apartment, and we are starting to make new friends… But sitting at home all day biting my nails hoping to a) get into a school so I can finish some sort of degree and b) trying unsuccessfully to get a summer job have started to wear me down. (As an aside: I have been accepted into both schools I applied for, chosen which to attend, signed up for classes, and am waiting for school to begin — YAY!)
All this blah-ness has led me to this months projects.
Project 1: August’s Great Frump to Fabaganza
Part of the reason I feel so crappy and lazy is due in part to there being no need for me to get out of my pajamas unless I’m headed to my twice weekly volunteer job. That’s two days out of seven that I actually need to be dressed in some semblance of real clothes. That’s just ridiculous!
So, here are the guidelines for August’s Great Frump to Fabaganza:
- I will be totally ready for the day no later than 9:00 am. This includes face (washed), hair (brushed), clothes (on), and accessories (fanceeeh). Doesn’t need to be over the top, but at least put together.
- I will do this process 20/31 days in August. Most likely Monday through Friday, maybe a weekend or two thrown in, starting August 4th.
- I will document this project in a weekly post (Friday Fabaganza! — except this week, post on Sunday), which will include pictures of what I wore and any tips, tricks, or products that seem pertinent.
Project 2: Tri-ing for 6 Weeks
Hubs and I signed up for a Sprint Triathlon this last week. SUPER EXCITED!!! This tri takes place on September 13th, so we have exactly six weeks (technically five I s’pose, but we started training last Sunday, so six it is) to get ready.
Guidelines for Tri-ing for 6 Weeks:
- Train, obviously.
- Post training schedule by August 12th so those of you interested can follow along.
- Post 4 times about tri’s in the next 5 weeks (Tri-ing Tuesday):
- Tri Training Schedule (August 12th)
- Food for Tri-ing
- What You Need to Tri
- Post-Tri Awesomeness (Because finishing a triathlon is something to celebrate!)
Project 3: Motivated Maybes Reads
I have been obsessed with BookTube this summer! What’s BookTube you ask? It’s a channel on YouTube where they talk about books, books, and more books! I love it. I started my own channel at the end of June, but haven’t posted any videos yet. August will change that.
Guidelines for Motivated Maybes Reads:
- Post intro video onto YouTube (and here) by August 9th. I will include a link to the video and to my quote blog on Tumblr on Motivated Maybes.
- Read and stuff…
- Post BookTube vlog at least once a week for a total of (at least) 4 videos in August.
I’m really excited! I think this month will be great! And busy. Busy is good.
What are your goals/projects for Awesome August?