Yay! It’s Friday! Oof. This week has been long. The final push for the semester… starts tomorrow… But, it’s Friday today and I have decided to take the evening off. 🙂
This week was not with out it’s highlights.
1. Last Friday I went to a much needed Happy Hour with my girlfriends to Chop House. I lurve the logo. It makes me laugh.
2. Noticed earlier this week that the Christmas cactus has GONE CRAZY! So many blooms this year! Very pretty… but it also means it’s pretty darn cold in that window box. Energy efficiency, smenergy efficiency, yeah?
3. Worked on the bathroom with Hubs this weekend. Did not exactly go as planned. Needed to take a wine break.
4. I’m doing a December photo challenge with my wedding photographer friend. Monday’s theme was “something you’re reading”… I thought this was appropriate since I”m gearing up for Finals.
5. SNOW DAY!!! We finally got our first snow! School and work cancelled. I did homework and worked on the bathroom (again!) with Hubs. Bestie said I didn’t get the point of a snow day…
As always for the H54F, linking up with Lauren Elizabeth. Congrats Lauren on your new auntie status!
This has been a pretty exciting week. Ups and downs, as usual. 🙂
1. On Sunday, I went berry picking with some girlfriend’s at one of the local farms that does a “You Pick, You Haul” deal. It was SO MUCH FUN! I now have more berries than I know what to do with. And also a wicked sunburn…
2. It’ officially summer! The hydrangea’s are popping!
3. Remember that berry picking adventure Sunday? Yeah. Fresh, homemade cherry pie. Boo-yah.
4. My first teeny tiny baby tomato!
5. And last, but by no means least! I am SO EXCITED to announce that my seester is getting married!!!! YAY! I am so excited and beyond happy for Seester and S-man! Congrats you two! Hubs and I are so happy for you and send you all our love!
As always for H54F, linking up with Lauren Elizabeth.
Whew! Where did this week go? I can’t believe it’s Friday already! This week seemed slow, but then I looked at the calendar and *poof* the week is at an end.
1. Hubs made homemade buffalo wings last weekend. I am seriously obsessed with [his] wings. Srsly.
2. Miss Mae and I played on Monday since I had skool off. She always cracks me up with her enthusiasm for play time. I think we could all take a lesson from The Dog’s Rule Book to Life.
3. I love when I have a long list of things that need to be done and I cross everything off. Makes me happy!
4. I went to Home Depot and got myself some veggies. My friend, Jess, has a lovely container garden she started from seedlings that’s really shaping up to be an epic endeavor. This post inspired me to finally get off my tush and start planting.
5. It’s the Solstice today; my favorite day of the summer. Happy Midsummer, everyone! I’m off to a BBQ — the ultimate way to celebrate long days and warm nights.
Linking up with Lauren for H54F